May be the divan base in 2 sections? If that’s the case, would be the sections correctly attached together?
Should there be a headboard, is the fact that correctly mounted? Castors correctly fixed on the bottom of your bed?
Certainly call the store because this is unfit for purpose – a bed that squeaks. Eeek. We purchased a new bed mattress which was intended to be firm also it would be a nightmare. The chap came out of the shop, required one view it and stated a minimum of 5 layers of padding were missing. They gave us a good deal on the dearer bed mattress because they had altered suppliers which is bliss.
Best of luck! Any problems call Consumer Direct who handle the majority of the country’s buying and selling standard problems now.
It might not have bolts. The 2 halves of my divan bed are became a member of by two plastic linking devices that slot together. Initially when i first place the bed together, I did not link one correctly and also the bed would be a bit shaky at this side.
You may got an info sheet using the bed that informs you the way the various components from the base are became a member of?
Who place the bed together? It’s more prone to be an set up issue than the usual design fault using the bed.
Could it be metallic base or wooden?
This can be a picture from the bed pointed out through the OP:
The bottom splits into two sections. I do not think they might secure together, and i believe that, like my bed, they’ve got some kind of linking devices. I believe that one of these has not been correctly connected and that is the reason for the squeak, however i might be quite wrong.
From things i recall the two halves from the base on my small bed are held along with two metal clips underneath. No squeaks, though, fortunately!
As another person stated, try taking out the mouse! No, seriously, I think you’ll get the issue fixed. If you cannot solve it by clips or whatever certainly contact the store who provided it.
Edit. I have merely has phone Silentnight hyperlink. Can’t see anything along the side of your bed therefore the two halves should be became a member of around the bottom like my very own bed. Suggest you tip your bed onto it’s side (watch the drawers don’t drop out and obtain broken!) and inspect the technique of joining.
Should there be a design fault they’ll repair or even more likely replace.
Should there be a producing fault they’ll perform the same.
Whether it’s an set up fault that belongs to them they ought to repair.
Whether it’s another person’s set up fault they are able to ask you for for his or her time but it is unlikely they’d.
How to Fix a Squeaky Bed
- zimsjeep: 1 year later and still holding up strong with no squeaks! Check the description for items I used in this video.
- Lafazlah: Good work, can try this also https://youtu.be/_d5APyMiW58
- maureen howland: I liked and will use your ideas but mother of GOd PLEASE stop saying 'So I went ahead ……' Have you any idea how many times you used that useless phrase during the video??? I finally had to shut it off and not watch the whole thing,
- beenn15: Wd-40 is not a lubricant
- SPEAK OF THIS TO NO ONE: Yo dude, thanks for the tutorial! It’s videos like this that make YouTube a great place. I haven’t actually tried to do this yet but when I do eventually get round to it I will come back to this video
- Rudy: Used felt dots and it worked just as good. Thank you!
- Greg Champaign: Boom !! Awesome EZ fix!! Great detail, great camera shots – thanks!
- Betsy Raus: I have that kind of slats. Am buying the Bedbeam system for a new mattress and foundation. I wonder if the new wooden foundations squeak? If wooden joints squeak, that's a lot of joints. No wood on the Bedbeams though.
- Shantay Madison: I made it with woodprix handbooks !
- Jokarr: We all know why we are here
- john tran: Quit having sex and no squeaky noise 😆
- Claudia Garcia: Will try this right now I hope it works for me Thank you!
- David Ramirez: everyone looking for a good quiet fuck
- Johnny Deville: Awesome!! Good stuff, thanks for the video! 🍻
- mousefart69: Amazon sales a shim that goes between the post and the wooden rail to take up all that Slack
- ahmed sharif: Thank you for the video
- Horse Juice: Great vid. Have almost same bed and exact same problem since year 1 of ownership. I've temporarily quitened it twice by slipping folds of electrical tape between the rail ends and legs w sticky side toward rail end, but it always works back out and now is worse than ever. Was looking for a better solution and came across your video. Gonna try the felt and dry lube, along w another tip of using beeswax at any points where bare wood makes contact even if able to make the wood on wood conecrion tight.
- Curtis Person: Ty
- Michael Byrne: Had a squeaky bed problem. Tried the suggested solution. Worked like a champ. Hallelujah!!!
- Stephen Bochicchio: My thought was to put felt in on my squeaky bed, but I wanted to check to see if someone has fixed a squeak and low and behold you popped up!
To the point
No need to see you struggling with the mattress. I'll check out your channel again.